Remember the experiences you had while attending the David Eccles School of Business and the doors that were opened because of your education. Investing your financial support back into the school is an excellent way to ensure the legacy of excellent education continues while expanding offerings of degrees, providing new opportunities for travel and study, and recruiting award-winning faculty.
We know not everyone is able to give back at this time, but don’t fear, there is still a way to be a part of changing lives in our community. Planned giving provides you the flexibility to create designated gifts which play a vital role in sustaining the level of education you expect from us. There are a variety of ways to get involved, including:
What are Planned Gifts?
- Gifts of stocks and bonds. By making a gift of your appreciated securities, you can avoid paying capital gains tax that would otherwise be due if you sold these assets.
- Gifts of real estate. Your real estate property (home, vacation property, vacant land, ranch or commercial property) can make an excellent gift. When you donate your appreciated real property, you can avoid paying capital gains tax.
- Gifts of retirement assets. A gift from your IRA, 401k, 403b, pension and other tax deferred plans can help us further our work in the academic arena.
- Gifts of insurance. If your life insurance policy is no longer needed or will no longer benefit your survivors, consider making a gift to the David Eccles School of Business.
- Make a bequest. This is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to the school which will lessen the burden of taxes on your family, provide estate tax charitable deduction and leave your legacy for generations.